Friday, October 26, 2012

Family Day!





Today is Family Day! One year ago today Zinny (physically) joined our family! It's cliche to say I can't believe it has been an entire year and I can't believe she hasn't always been in our family, but it's all so true.
I have been reflecting on my memories of the day I went to Holt and met dear Z, and the days following. I didn't know her at all, but when I remember all the funny little things she did, they are totally her! I recognize her expressions in those first photos, and the photos we got from her foster family.




She has hair to make a
shampoo model envious!


Zinny is 27 months old tomorrow, she knows her colors, can almost sing her ABCs, can just about count to ten, likes to skip breakfast (and many times supper), she no longer takes a nap , except on rare occasions. Her imagination is exploding! She is not interested in anything that resembles a toy, but plays make believe with our gourds, or a hanger, or a yardstick, 2 flashcards, or her favorite: 2 flower petals.or just her hands, she carries on long conversations between her gourd and the gourd she forces you to talk. (She is very bossy! It's still endearing....for now...).



Poppy riding on Zs back.

Zinny gets up every morning when it is still pitch black out, must to Mommys chagrin. And it would be ok (almost) if she wasn't super crabby for hours about being up so darn early!




By bedtime she is wiped out! She goes and goes all day nonstop, until this.




Cooking with Aunt C.













Feeding the goats









We are so blessed God thought us worthy to be Zinny's parents, it just amazes me that she is here, so so home!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment