Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week in Review

As we keep our world small, for Zinny's sake, it becomes increasingly difficult to drum up a snazzy blog post. There are certain things I include for my family scattered all over the country, and there are things I include for all the amazing adoptive families I have met on this incredible journey. So this week we will again be visiting the Opitz's Small World.
Here we are cleaning up Gandpas driveway. This was a big trip! A gorgeous day! We did grocery shopping too, oh and this was all after Z had her echocardiogram. OK, I get Mother of the Year Award (yep, 4years running). I thought Z had been doing so well transition wise that in my delusional mind we could handle a Normal Opitz Day. All you seasoned adopters are shaking your heads, I know. We were 2 weeks home! What's wrong with me? Rookie! Sooo, we had a rough night and took a couple days to recover. But look at how cute my 2 girls are raking!




Here our girl is modeling a new gift outfit:



After learning our "Keep it Small, Duh" lesson, we stuck to the backyard for our big outings.






Yes, we harvested green peppers!

And seriously, is this Swiss chard absolutely gorgeous!?



I love Swiss chard, I grow it well! I sauté it with big hunks of garlic (from my garden...gotta brag when I can!) and olive oil. I ate the WHOLE thing for dinner, ok, Neil had his obligatory 2 bites, the kids, even Addie, scoffed, and I ate every last garlicky salty bite!( Keeping one's world small allows one to indulge in massive amounts of garlic! )



And I never thought I could pull off wearing hats...(please don't ruin it for me, a girl needs to dream)




This is Zinny calling up the (gated) stairs to Papa (she is smitten with him, the feeling is mutual!)



And he came running!


So in other news, and my time runs very very short... Dr said a)she is NOT allergic to wheat YIPPEE!!!! No more challenging gluten free diet!!!! We Opitz's eat tons of bready things!
And more importantly b)her heart looks good and Dr is optimistic that NO surgery will be necessary!!!!!!!!! Praise You Jesus! (I was very worried about this during our wait, and God sent me a dream and told me that this part would be OK. At the time the reports coming from Korea looked grim, they even had her on meds(!) but I just kept that dream in my mind, I just had to trust Him, and I did. All love and glory to Him!!!)

In my next post I want to keep it real. For those adoptive families reading this, I want to post the reality of our journey. I adore women who don't paint a rosy picture, who tell the hard gritty REAL parts of life. And that is my intention for my next post, no I am not this perfect, witty, gorgeous, put-together gal you all think I am (haha), I believe in showing my weaknesses and not perpetuating the 'magazine' standard of mothering. We all should allow our weaknesses to show, the reality and truth of our lives binds us, strengthens us.
(to my family: I know I know, you have had plenty of my weaknesses...haha)
And finally


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment