Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Real World of Z

I'm not going to shine-up this post and glamorize our new normal. I'm not going to sift through reams of photos and pick only the Gap-ad worthy ones (frankly there are not many to choose from this week). I promise not to highlight my 1 1/2 minute of having-it-all-together this week. I'm going to give it to you straight. Short and sweet style. I can sum up our week in one four letter word ( and I really really wish I had a photo for this, and you will be glad I don't) and that word is:
S•N•O•T
Ugh! Sticky, gooey, salty(tasted plenty...not mine...), greenish, cement encrusting, never ending SNOT.
That's the reality of toddlers in fall. Sure sure, there are people who are adept at harmonizing wipe snot/snap perfect photo of there little ones, but I know they are drowning in snot just as much as we are. I'm the whistle blower, I'm the mole. We parents of little ones, and in particular the parents of new-to-this-germy-America little ones, we are all DROWNING!! Dont be fooled! And there's little to be done. Sure, visions of taking the vacuum to the little one's nose and lungs are ever present, especially in the wee suffocating hours of the night. And why hasn't anyone invented a safe vacuum like this?? And don't tell me to use those worthless 'bulb syringes'! They are torture and produce nothing valuable at the end of the writhing struggle. I am a seasoned veteran I like to think, in this parenting thing. Zinny is our fourth child. I include in my inner circle many mothers of countless children, I have a plethora of wisdom and experience at my fingertips. This is the elusive Holy Grail. I hear what you're thinking, but an antibiotic is only for the bacterial cases, and honestly, the doctors office was where I am certain we picked this bug up(even though I am that crazy mama who slathers her daughters bare feet with anti bacterial gel after walking around the office bare foot.)
So please please, someone fix this epidemic so we can sleep, I mean so THEY can sleep...
Let's talk about something else...



This last week I took Zinny to meet my Korean friend. They have a new puppy "Snowball". Zinny's cuter!





Aunt Sarah sent Z bitty baby from American girl!



(this is not a Gap worthy outfit!!)




My yummy girl!



Mmm, orange (vitamin C for darn cold!!)
That's all for now, outta time!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment