Friday, November 4, 2011

1 Week Update

Well, darling Zinny and I have been home one week. What a week! Of course it seems like 6 weeks. Getting to know Zinny has been such a beautiful journey so far. The first few nights home were filled with some intense grieving, both she and I. It is so so hard to watch your child scream out in pure and undistilled anguish at the powerlessness of her situation. Nothing is the same or even vaguely familiar. The sounds, the smells, the air, the size, the time, the sights, everything familiar gone. Where are the people she loves and who are these strange people who look weird? And sound weird and don't understand anything I say.

But during the days, things were going a bit better, she was letting her personality start to emerge, which is so funny! And mischievous.












Well, ONE of them is happy with this idea.

Each night has gotten better.
Tuesday was gong to be in the 70's and then the high for Wednesday was going to be 44. So we headed to Neale Woods, taking the nature walk I envisioned all summer taking with Zinny.




















Isn't life so lovely? Doesn't God's beautiful nature just take your breath away? Isn't His love all we need?

Last night Zinny slept through the night, what peace, what joy! Today was the best day so far. We went to meet Grandma and Grandpa and Great Grandma Juliet this morning. It was short but very sweet visit! I neglected to get a photo....next time.
This afternoon the boys went to Sam and Annie's (yay!) and Addie had a dress rehearsal, so Papa and Zinny and I were alone for several hours this afternoon/evening. We just played in the living room for a long time, till nap and dinner. And it happened.....Zinny gave us each the most sweet, gentle, pure kiss. It brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful, so longed for.

I learned this week that my sisters were trying to orchestrate a special homecoming for Zinny. Sarah in FL, and Lisa in MA made desperate calls to fly in huge bouquets of zinnias for her arrival. They knew my zinnia garden had perished with the late season, and they wanted to shower her with the beautiful summer blooms that are her namesake. There's not a zinnia to be found in the country! All but one, and she is so very loved by us all!



And to end this post, Finn said just now, as I write this,
"I think Zinny really likes me because I'm funny."
Finn, we ALL really like you because you're funny!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: