Thursday, November 24, 2011

Popcorn & Malt Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Today marked our very first Popcorn & Malt Thanksgiving Day. Most of the family has travelled to the east coast to spend Tday at my sister's house. In fact all of my siblings and their kids are all there. That leaves the Opitz's and Grandma & Grandpa here. Neither Jill or I was up to making the big dinner, and frankly, my kids have never been into all the food, so we proposed making popcorn and malts and watching a movie:







I provided the popcorn, Grandpa made the malts! What a great tradition! So relaxed and easy!

This is post-feast:



Some things that we did this week:
Played beauty shop with Aggie (that would be Neil's idea)


Celebrated Oscars birthday! This is his breakfast of choice served in bed (this year: Captain Crunch)


Epic Bionicle Battle



Here is Neil and Zinny playing guitar.



And after Zinny went down for her nap, it was Manny's turn for some carrier/bonding time.



Seriously, I am so very blessed and so very grateful for the life God has given me. What a gift it is. Neil is my most valuable treasure, I can't imagine life w/o him and will hopefully not have to ever. Each of my beautiful children bless me every day with their laughter and even their tears. This is what makes my life so rich and fascinating and many times exotic, like living in a foreign country! (I consider myself somewhat multi lingual, I can speak Pokemonese, Bioniclish, legoean and am just starting to use my new teenage girlese with some success)
I love it all, even the hard, smelly, exhausted, and so so very busy parts.


It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for. He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire. Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient. But a thankful heart hath a continual feast.” ~W.J. Cameron




And I am so very thankful Zinny is home at last!

Praise be to God for His blessings on our family. And may He richly bless you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I look forward to your "reality" blog post. I think I did one like that not long after we came home with Autumn - kind of a "good, bad and the ugly." I think it's important for us to write about all of it and it's great for when you look back and see how far your kids have come.

    ReplyDelete