Saturday, October 29, 2011

First day home

Home home home at last. Only a couple shots from excruciatingly long travel day, my heart was breaking for my poor little girl.

Ready to go:



Her grieving began the night before we left Korea.saying goodbye to her old beautiful comfortable loving life, replaced by life seemingly to be lived on an airplane. Before getting on the second plane in Chicago, she and I both cried. I just hated putting her through any more.


Here she is sleeping on flight from Korea. Pretty empty plane, we ended up taking up 8 seats! 8 for the price of 2,not bad!



I stopped taking photos after this one, just so sad. I am forever grateful to the other adoptive families from whom I learned what might be expected to happen, what her grieving may look like, etc. It won't last, and she has started to show her funny silly side, her darling little chitchat voice.



Playing Korean Pokemon with her brothers.




Oscar and Zinny



Finn and Zinny



Lots of quiet rest and getting to know each other this coming week.
Korea was amazing, I loved experiencing the country on many different levels, so many many funny stories, so many beautiful moments, so many tears of joy, laughter and sadness.
It is so good to be home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are finally home with your beautiful daughter! My thoughts and prayers are with you this week. Know that you are all blessed to have one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Wishing you a good first week home.

    ReplyDelete