Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bound for Korea

What a day, what whirlwind! At long last our travel call came!! All glory and honor to dear sweet Jesus. I cannot believe it. It is midnight and I am lying in bed as my boys and Neil sleep soundly (and sadly) next to me. I have to get up in 3 1/2 hours...I'm hoping sheer exhaustion will allay my deep rooted fear of flying. Our flight leaves at 6 am. Arrive in Seoul 4:40pm Friday. Our agency warned me today that Seoul is booked solid and I may not find a hotel. Yep, unless I wanted to spend $400 a night, it was slim pickings! We are staying at...drumroll please...the ramada at the airport, blech! At this point I would stay in a ditch! Just prying it's not too too bad.

My friend Anne is coming with, and today she rushed over to help make travel plans this morning. She arrived bearing a gift for that she has been working on for a long time:




This is our family as gnomes! They are absolutely charming and she just finished little Zinny this morning right before I called to tell her the good news!! Amazing! Anne, you're the best!

We went out for a goodbye dinner tonight, and topped it off with a stop at Red Mango, sniff sniff, it's so hard to say goodbye to my family. I'm glad this trip is happening fast so I don't have too much time to be sad and worry.

I really can't keep my eyes open, so I will say cheerio with my arm scripture, written before travel call, FYI.

Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4
(and before you sent it Christina, wink!)

I was trying to take delight in the fall leaves, while being super nervous/anxious about calling Holt to hear another day with no TC.

Goodnight!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and Anne this morning! The gnome family is incredible a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love and prayers on your journey!

    ReplyDelete