Friday, October 21, 2011

First morning...

7:00, sitting by our own hotel window, feeling the cool morning breeze fill our room with the scent of Zinnia's country. I can barely believe that she is so near, this is all so surreal. I am watching Incheon wake up, the sounds are similar to home, even the birds, they sound like sparrows. The air is rich and full of mystery. I want it to fill me and carry me to her.

So many families before us has told of how God guided them every step of the way while here. And it is true for us as well! Last night we got to the hotel, our Holt van driver, may God bless him richly (!) had difficulties finding this hotel (no one stays in Incheon, but Seoul i's utterlybooked for 2weeks). This man i's a crazy hard working man, he got us here, helped check us in and he seemed uncomfortable leaving us here. He assured us it was safe, but it is 1 1/2 hour from Seoul. He spent a long time with us and a map, making sure we understood how to take the subway. I had my token gift for him, but I decided that I could not give him such a lame gift: "Wiw, how incredibly stressed you are at the thought of leaving us here and you have gone well out of your way to help map out our way into Seoul, wringing notes to show people where we are headed ,even....here, have a candy bar for your troubles."

So we are here, we had an exhaustion fueled panic when the wi fi here didn't seem to be working. God sent us this lively American woman and she helped us so much. She has been here 4 days and hasn't been into Seoul, it's too far....uh oh. ( it is 5 (!) subway changes to get to DMCville. This is where Zinny's foster sisters' family i's staying and we are meeting up with them. Sooo, our task today i's to figure out the subway, I've done manhattan, I can do this, right?!?! Holt changed us to DMCville on Wednesday, thank goodness we don't have to torture Zinny with a terrible ride right after pickup!
Wish us well, I'll blog tonight, there will be stories to tell!!




Anne captures our awe and excitement at airport yesterday!
Interestingly, the airport was incredibly peaceful and orderly and very zen-like. Of course we had just gotten of a 15 hour flight, maybe WE were zen-like, haha!
Ok, here we go!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Your journey has been a crazy adventure so far!! You will have a great story to tell Zinnia!!!! Bless your trip!!

    ReplyDelete