Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Zinny Day Tomorrow!

I cannot wrap my mind around tomorrow. It all seems so unreal.
I have so many emotions and I just can't process them. These last few days here I have been keeping myself very busy,(mostly by riding the subway, haha) and so this day always seemed like it was far away. But tonight is the night to rest and pray for tomorrow. Nothing here is anything like I expected it to be, so I'm sure tomorrow will be full of surprises as well.

I'm not in the right frame of mind to write the blog post I really want to write tonight. Here are some photos from today.




First, I wrote my last blog post on our 2 1/2 hour subway ride this morning, and I was so tired. I meant to put this photo in with my Angel of Gwangju post. The story picks up at the toy store. Our new friend left us to shop and we said our goodbyes. She came back several minutes later
She came back and gave these to us for Zinny. So sweet!




This is a photo of one set of 56 stairs. We go up at least 4 of these for every subway change!




Bus ride for city tour. Got a little carsick...




Changing of the guards at a palace.



Obligatory palace photo!



Cool stream near Insadong.



Ordered Zinny's name chop!






Lunch in Insadong... Yes forum readers, Insadong best shopping, no contest!

Then my phone died, boo, no more photos! Sorry to my children.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next big post...






Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I have butterflies thinking about Wednesday. Good luck and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it will be hard for Zinnia the first couple months, but she is coming to such a wonderful family that I'm sure she will adjust well. It will just take patience, and if you have met anyone with small (1-3 yr old?) kids that are Korean, maybe you could have them visit? It might help her to see semi-familiar faces...
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Mugyodong and Myongdong used to be the best shopping. Do they still roast chestnuts on the street in the fall?
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, Korea food is good. I introduced Adam to it.. thumbs up! Ooo roast chestnuts on the street!! Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear all about your experience in Korea.

    ReplyDelete