Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Zinny Day

How can my heavy heart fly so high?
It is mere hours until I meet our daughter. These feelings, the overwhelming joy, giddy excitement, nervous elation, and a heaviness, a profound respect, a deep sadness for Zinny's losses today. This is a happy, joyous day for our family, but a confusing and painful day for Zinny.

I can't stop wondering what her morning looks like today. How her foster mother is preparing herself for a goodbye, while I, at the same time, am preparing for a hello.

It is hard to find solid footing as my mind goes in two opposite directions at once. Thank goodness Anne is here to keep me anchored and not forget the important little things.

I know my loving Father has woven this beautiful day for us and for Zinny and there is pain and joy in the weaving, but because He is the weaver it is perfect.

Soon...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. It's very early here....but you should have Zinny by now...I was hoping to have breakfast with her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam told me about it this week. Better late than never... but looks like I just in time, Yay!! Your trip looks amazing and reminds me of the hustle and bustle in Hong Kong. Love love love it!

    A big day it is...

    ReplyDelete